Creating and Nurturing Healthy and Loving Siamese
For Very Special People
Owners: Cheryl Matteo-Kerney, Darren Kerney and Noah Kerney
Gloucester , Virginia
(This contract may be revised at our discretion)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AGREEMENT
FOR THE SALE OF A CAT OR KITTEN
Current Age: _____________________________
- The Seller and Purchaser mutually agree to abide by the following terms and conditions drafted on _______ by the Seller, Cheryl Matteo-Kerney, for the Purchaser, _ _________________ residing in______________.
- The Seller guarantees that the cat/kitten to be in good health to the best of her/his knowledge at the time of the sale. The Purchaser agrees to have the cat/kitten examined by a licensed veterinarian as soon as possible after receiving possession of the animal. The cat/kitten will be accepted for return within 7 days with a veterinarian’s certificate validating that the cat/kitten has an identifiable health defect not caused by exposure to other cats living within the household, with written documentation stating specifically what the defect is, and why it is harmful. We will spay or neuter each kitten before she or he comes to your home between the ages of 3-5 months. This includes kittens and adults.
- Under no circumstances will this cat/kitten be sold, leased, given away, or placed with any pet shop, animal shelter, research laboratory or similar facility. The Seller reserves the right of first refusal if for some reason in the future; the cat/kitten can no longer be kept by the Purchaser. With the prior approval of the Seller, the cat/kitten will be placed in a satisfactory pet home, or returned to the Seller with the possibility of partial reimbursement of the purchase price if this transaction occurs within45 days from the date of the purchase . If the Purchaser wishes to return the cat/kitten due to some unforeseen circumstances, the cat/kitten may be returned to the Seller in the same condition in which it was received (within 14 days). In this case the full purchase price minus $100.00 will be reimbursed to the Purchaser. Any travel/transportation/ shipping costs to return the cat will be the responsibility of the Purchaser. If there are other cats/kittens living in the Purchaser’s household, the Purchaser will be required to obtain health tests accompanied by a health certificate from a licensed veterinarian within the last thirty days verifying that the cat/kitten purchased and the resident cat/s are indeed FIV/Feline Leukemia, and Feline Infectious Peritonitis negative.
- Purchaser agrees to keep the cat/kitten indoor at all times. The Purchaser agrees to the best of his/her ability to provide reasonable health care (yearly exams), including regular inoculations, and other veterinary services as needed and required to maintain optimum health.
- Other than expressly stated herein, the Seller makes no warranties, express or implied, about the quality, characteristics, or fitness for a particular purpose of this cat/kitten.
- The parties mutually acknowledge that this contract is being executed in the State of Virginia, and that if any legal action is instituted, the parties agree that the proper jurisdiction and venue lies in the State of Virginia, in the county of Gloucester, and the parties consent to venue and jurisdiction in Gloucester.
- The Purchaser agrees to never declaw this cat/kitten, and understands that declawing is mutilation and a cruelty that can substantially alter a cat’s temperament and health. Declawing can result in $500.00 penalty and/or repossession of the cat. The Cat Fancier’s Association will not permit declawed cats to be shown. Clipping the claws every 14 days and providing suitable and appealing scratching posts is an extremely effective method of deterring destructive scratching in your home.
- The Undersigned are entering into this contract in good faith, with clear understanding of, and full agreement to, its terms and conditions. Purchaser’s and Seller’s signatures indicate full agreement to all stated terms and conditions.
CHERMA’KI SIAMESE CATTERY
A Registered Cat Fancier’s Association Cattery and Members of the Cat Fancier’s Association Breed Council
- Seller’s Full Name, Address, and Phone Number
- Purchaser’s Full Name, Address, and Phone Number
AND MAY YOU ENJOY YOUR NEW PRECIOUS SIAMESE FRIEND!
Some Thoughts on Food
Feeding a higher quality will be worth it in the long run-I will give you information on nutrition and vaccinations that will help to keep your pet happy, healthy and peaceful!
TOP :: BACK